Finally we are ready to plant peas! I got the dirt all hoed up and the rows dug with lots of help!!! Now we are ready to plant the peas in our little garden spot (the small dirt area between the driveway and the neighbors fence)! We had some friends over and everyone wanted to help plant, so I had them all line up and then I would give them a handful of peas for them to plant. I explained to them how to line them up in a row and make sure none of the seeds were touching each other. The kids did pretty good. There were a few piles of peas that had to be fixed, some were pretty far apart, and a few spilled on the driveway, but all went well. We ended up running out of peas and were only able to plant one row but the row we planted was planted quickly. To cover the peas I had all the kids line up in a line and we pretended that we were a train and they stepped on the row after I covered it up!!! I think that all had a good time!
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
That is soooo cute! I wish planting a garden was always that easy. Teach them how to plant everything and I will hire them!
Lori, you are such a good mom! Look at you planting pea's with your kids. That is just too cute. They remember activities like this. Way to go! By the way, I thought your train video of the kids was darling. My kids had to watch it over and over again. Keep up the good work. Julie
You're so creative! I hope they do well for you! Fresh peas are the best.
Post a Comment