Monday, March 17, 2008

The Sickness Continues...

Well, this past week I thought was going to be wonderful, it is starting to warm up and I was really looking forward to getting out of the house, but unfortunately that wasn't the plan. I started potty training Paige two weeks ago now, so I have been pretty house bound trying to get that going. She is doing pretty well. Hopefully this week she will get things mastered! Even with that I decided that it was time to just get out, do something anything... I was planning to get out on Thursday, so of course, Wednesday night Halley came down with a high fever. She had been complaining of her stomach hurting of and on on Wednesday, but still acted fine, but then the fever came. I took her to the Dr. (of course my Dr. was not in the office for the rest of the week so I had to see a different Dr.) on Thursday morning, I really thought that she had appendicitis, but the Dr. said it seemed to him that it must just be the flu. He took a urine sample and felt and tapped all around her body, but that was his conclusion, he said he would have the urine cultured just to make sure but was pretty sure it wasn't a bladder or kidney infection. Thursday her fever got as high as 105, she was so sick with the chills and shaking and the pain in her stomach and side. Friday about the same, sometimes her fever would get to 101 and she would actually get off the couch, but she just did not feel well. Saturday her fever was only about 101 and she was still complaining about her side hurting, but at least she was up and around. Sunday her fever was about 99.8 and Dr. Reese finally called and said she had a kidney infection and put her on a strong antibiotic. Poor girl finally got some help and I think she will feel much better in a few days today she is still saying that her stomach (side) still hurts but is acting much better. That was my week last week, I thought we were all better finally, but at least this isn't contagious.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are the worst poor little girl. I am impressed with your potty training!

Barnes said...

Poor Halley she seems to always have some sort of sickness that needs to go to the Dr. for...I can't believe Paige is almost potty trained I must be a bad mom not to have Anna starting yet.

Scott, Kara, Paul, Brad and Andee said...

I hope Halley is feeling better! That is so sad! You'll have to share your potty training tricks with me so I can start on Paul.

Rachel said...

I'm sorry about Halley. I'm glad they figured out what it was, I can't believe it took them that long to pin point it. Hope she's feeling better.